Jenn, an American missionary from DC, gave up a career in architecture and design to follow God’s call on her life to pursue full time mission work (professional hugger). She has worked with at risk youth in DC, street kids in Cap-Haitian, Haiti and now she works with Africa New Day (AND) in Goma, DR Congo. Although Jenn’s daily work includes a lot of teaching, administrative tasks and creative projects, her passion is sharing Christ’s love with the women and children in the AND programs and the staff who she regards as family. A natural exhorter, Jenn loves to build authentic relationships and encourage a life of choosing joy, regardless of circumstances. Jenn’s current responsibilities with AND include:
- Instructing the Daughters of Congo women in design, quality production and brand management.
- Assisting the media department with marketing and social media. Developing short documentaries for PR purposes.
- Teaching English, leadership and bible to staff, community classes, Generation Hope kids and the Africa New Day academy students.
- Working with leadership and staff to coordinate events and cultivate local business relationships.
- Coordination of visitor trips and developing US partner relations.
- Hugging everyone she meets.